Yet Another OCC Team Blog

Hoverdog

Super Star Player
Country Flag
also, I inflicted 5 casualties and am pending three level-ups :pow: two blitzers and a lineman. I'll also have enough dough to buy a witch elf, but after the last accident I'm thinking of purchasing fourth blitzer instead.

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Congratulations on the victory. :)

If You have some Dodge on Your team already, You don't need the Witch that much, so getting a Blitzer could be a good idea, as they are (slightly) more long-lived. On the other hand, trying to level-up rookie witches later, in an alrady developed environment (Tackle and MB everywhere) might be frustrating, so getting one earlier would not hurt too.

Hoverdog

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Sheltem rolled doubles so now I have a guard blitzer :powdodge:
The other two rolls were normal though, both Dark Savant and King of Shadows got dodge.
The famous bug hit me too, got only 40k rewards (50k rolled :mad:), so I went with fourth blitzer, Xenofex.

Hoverdog

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Played against Wraithlord's Woodies, won 2-1 in a more typical for a chaos or team grind. He received and scored in turn 2. I had the ball for the next 14 rounds (except for one when his wardancer sacked my ballcarrier. I managed to get the ball the next turn though). Having his stripball wardancer KOed by a rock (another one BH my lineman) for the whole match was very helpful. I also added three KOs and three casualties (including one apoth'ed death) to the tally. :skull:

Hoverdog

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Today i'm up against a chaos team. It has a bad 0-1-3 record, plus only two I think level-ups, a +ST beastman :mad: and someone with block. A minotaur and only 2 RR. I have 50k TV more and 80k in bank. should I buy a runner to have someone on bench, thus giving my opponent third rr inducement, or wait this game and buy a witch or a reroll for me after this one?

bintz

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I would wait for the witch. He doesn't have guard, MB, tackle so I don't think you absolutly need a bench.

2 RR and little skills will mean a certain amount of TO too, don't give him a free extra RR.

Hoverdog

Super Star Player
Country Flag
This match was a disaster. I can't recall such a distasteful nuffling. I receive. Turn 1 - blitz, a mino makes two gfis to surf my blitzer. Dodges fail, tripped elves get koed. They get koed too when a beast hits them. Those of course have no problems :powdodge:-ing or even -:pow: my blodger. Turn 4 and I have all of 4 guys. I lose the ball. I even manage to sack his carrier in turn 7. Turn 8 and he succesfully frees the ball, picks it up and does a hand-off. 0:1.
Second half and I'm 8 against 10 (one lucky ko!). Kick-off: pitch invasion, most of his players downed. I'm thinking: "the tide has turned". But of course, two wounded elves (including -AG guard lineman) later, he makes a successful long bomb and scores for 0-2. Now I have six players and zero chances of even drawing. :bothdown::skull: on LoS (after using reroll on ball pickup), and he's pretty close to scoring for the third time. Thankfully :bothdown::skull: on blitz and the match ends 2-0, with me getting 6 SPPs and grey hair on my head.

:skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
We all get games like that. Tomorrow is another matchday though. Keep the faith.

Hoverdog

Super Star Player
Country Flag
played my next match, against Desalbert's Norsemen. He got 150 in inducements and took a babe and a bribe.
Norse won the toss and elected to kick. He deployed very agressively, with most of his players on the LOS, but forgot about my rookie fresh frenzied witch and placed his PO berk too close to the sideline, with a werewolf next to him. I put my guard blitzer and the witch in contact.
The kick went into the middle. Picked the ball up, pushed some of the norse in the center, and blocked with my witch - his berk went into the crowd (KO). However, I made a grave mistake not blitzing with her, so she stood there touching the sideline. Then I made another mistake, not trying to place a helping elf and 1-die blocking the wolf. So, his turn and both my guard blitzer and the witch got surfed. Both BH, I used my apoth on Bodhi the witch.
I caged near the center of the pitch, with one lineman deeper into norse territory. Desalbert swarmed the cage with all his players. My ballcarrier handed the ball to blodging Dark Savant (rr used), who dodged and successfully passed to that lone lineman. He in turn ran up to the endzone. Desalbert made two gfis with his runner and sacked poor Trascendent One, stunning him, but most of his players were engaged and couldn't get back. I pushed the runner and picked the ball up with Xenofex the blitzer. His riposte blitz was unsuccessful :)bothdown::bothdown:).
I freed my ballcarrier and took to the left, but couldn't screen him well due to most of my players stunned after fouls (Desalbert didn't even have to use a bribe whole match!). A failed gfi on a loner norse (bad move) turned him over soon enough though. I moved the carrier back to the right, stunned the runner, surfed another norse and caged in the corner. He was unable to breach it and I scored on turn 8. Kick-off, riot pushed the clock backwards, but Des hadn't put anyone backfield. He injures a lineelf.
Second half, I'm 9 vs. 11 (only made three KOs, all got up). He gets an additional RR. Norsemen tie all my players up except the witch. Runner can't pick up the ball even with a RR. I blitz with the witch and get her into norse half. She is quickly downed though. Runner can't pick up the ball yet again. Then I manage a hero-play: my witch dodges on 3+, 2+, runs up to the ball, picks it up in one TZ, dodges again and goes two gfis (using a rr on the pickup). Desalbert tries to blitz her with his tackle lineman. His dodge succeeds, but the second gfi doesn't. Bodhi dodges for 2-0.
Kick-off. This time the runner gets the ball. He doesn't protect him well enough, two dodges and :pow::powdodge: the ball hugs the sideline, my pickup fails, so my blitzer gets crowdsurfed, but I have one more player in contact. His runner picks up the ball and dodges out, but his pass to a wolf :)confused:) fumbles. I can't do anything. He tries that again, this time the werewolf can't catch. I move a lineelf deep into his side and get the ball with a blitzer. A long pass is successful! but I am left with three players, the rest koed. He does a fuckton of gfis to get three linemen into contact with my ballcarrier :)confused:), then next two to blitz him - all successfully, so the match ends 2-0.
I had much better 1D, but worse 2D - seriously, not a single injured norse the whole match?!:mad: Xenofex got the mvp - he earned it with a TD and that pass - and is pending a level. No serious injuries.
Next game I get my -AG guard lineman back and am in two minds about what to do with him.

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
LOL. You really stuffed up your turn 1, didn’t you! It was an aggressive move using the apoth on the Witch as it was only turn 1 and only a badly hurt. Weren’t you worried about the ref bribe and the remaining 15 turns?

It sounds like you played it smart after that though and did well to get a 2-0 win (almost 3-0). Where does this place you in div7? Any thoughts on the pending skill?

Regarding your guard lineman with –AG, I would also be unsure about what to do with him. Probably keep him and see how he goes (after all, AG3 isn’t that bad). I would actually keep him off LOS on defence and instead move him in your turn 1 to where he will be most useful.

Hoverdog

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Yeah, well, imagine how I was angry at myself for making those moves! after the blitzer was surfed and got BH I thought "damn! but I can't use the apo so soon", but when my witch turned out the same I said "screw this! i can't have two great players out of action". it probably wasn't too wise, but it paid off thankfully!

After Day6 I'm on 3rd place, behind the undefeated orcs and Juriel's undead. The last three matches will be against goblins, norse and those orkz respectively.
Xenofex rolled normal. I'm thinking either dodge (to have two blodgers) or tackle (always useful, especially against gobbos and norse runners, plus orcs have lots of tackle)

Last edited:

bintz

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
If you don't have any tackle player yet, I'd go for tackle. I always like to have at least a tackle blitzer early.

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Finally got some time to catch up with this blog.

I'd go for Tackle too, just like bintz says. It will be golden against those Goblins and other dodgers (Norse runners, some double-rolling orkz, maybe?).

Good to see Your time faring well. The -AG on the lino is unfortunate, but Guard is too useful for elves to just sack him.

Hoverdog

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Did I say I had bad luck against the chaos team? oh, believe me, today's match with goblins saw something much, much worse. :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:

blockdice
percentage of successful rolls: 27%
percentage of turnovers: 14%

I had five players left in the second half.
I did a single casualty the whole match. oh, and a ko'ed chainsaw.

Last edited:

FTJUK

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Hi Hoverdog,

What was the final result and did you get any SPPs at all?

My main goal for the OCC this year is to progress the team and hopefully the results will look after themselves after a while!?

Hoverdog

Super Star Player
Country Flag
0-2.
one pass, one cas and mvp. one -mv lineman (1spp or so, so i'll sack him soon), one mng lineman.

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
Hi Hoverdog,

What was the final result and did you get any SPPs at all?

My main goal for the OCC this year is to progress the team and hopefully the results will look after themselves after a while!?

You will hit a brick wall in tier 2 or 3. Right now I'm regularly bringing in new rookies due to the amount of MB/pile on/claw.