Vampire You can't spell 'Vampires' without 'serious injuries'

Hoverdog

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I found a new love in Vampires. This team is so fun to play (if you like

currently I'm leading Emotional Vampires in RPGCodex League (14 teams in one group, 2 best meet in the finals) with a respectable record of 6-2-3. I have no chances of advancing to the finals, but it's still much more than I expected - and two of those losses were damn unlucky. Two matches left to go, both against Skaven: a rookie that has been continuously decimated during the whole season (currently 800TV, six players with -MVs and -STs) and a disgustingly cheesy team (featuring MBCPO vermin and a MV10 one-turn scoring GR). I am planning on taking them to the next edition

the team:
ImageRoster.aspx

Two level-ups remaining. What to choose? I'm considering making one vamp into a killer (frenzy, MB, PO), and the second one into a supporter (blodge, DT, SF, JU). Feasible?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kjelstad

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Kjelstad
Cyanide Username
Kjelstad
Country Flag
I never make killers but I should. I ALWAYS do a mark (blodge, DT, SF, JU) You look a little wrestle happy on the thralls. I like to mix in some block

I would go block on the last vamp and turn #1 into a killer if you want to go that way. MB, tackle, PO & JU is something I have wanted to do but never do. I like to get blodge in case a stat comes along and ruins my plans

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Making one Blodge MB Frenzy PO does sound interesting

And having block dodge jump up is great in itself, then you can make up your mind about whether you want a marker or not.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
I like the idea of a Frenzy vamp, but not so much on the killer. I would go with Block, MB, Tackle, PO and JU for the killer like Kjelstad says. Blood Lust can make Frenzy something of a liability on a player that you want to hit with every turn.

For a Frenzy build I would probably go with Block, Dodge, Frenzy, SS and maybe Juggernaut. A player like that would be great sideline threat due to the fact that you can hypno players out of the way before surfing someone. Blodge and SS will also keep him relatively safe in a scrum and next to the sideline.

Altashheth

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
i love vamps too.... got to say that blodge is the first choice for me.... for somereason i like sidestep more than standfirm and love the marker with diving tackle, jump up

killer with blodge, tackle and mighty blow

trying to build a frenzy with blodge, sidestep, frenzy, juggernaught

Kjelstad

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Kjelstad
Cyanide Username
Kjelstad
Country Flag
I have built many frenzy/jugger vampires and if you neglect block it will die. no idea why, but I have lost at least 5 or 6 that way. Both down> Dead. No regen. Most were in MM but one was in a league. though the league one was only level 3. I told someone he was expendable and then....

Last edited:

Hoverdog

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Emotional Vampires LOST against the undermanned (underratted?) Rottaperseet.

I really don't want to dwell on it. My luck failed in critical moments. A failed rerolled AG4 dodge to secure the ball left me standing while the rats accomplished a long pass to score in the first half. Then my long pass failed (needed because BLITZ!) and I couldn't score before half-time. I scored quickly in the second, going for the win. But then, I blitzed the ball-carrier with my tackle vampire, sacked it, and failed a GFI to secure the ball, making him MNG in the process (and I'm playing a developed skaven team next) :mad:. Rats got the ball back and scored in 16th.