Match Report Netsmurf plays NAF tourneys

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
I have found a job with more spare time, so now I will try to attend at least 10 tourneys a year. I will post results, rosters and what not here.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
First tourney of 2024 is the Twin Bowl in Denmark, Saturday March the 2nd. I will play snotlings as that is the last race on the NAF list. Then I have done them all, except for Brets, as they released the nobility team and retired the Brets, just as I had figured out how to build the roster.
So for Twin Bowl it is vanilla Eurobowl rules. No stars, not much fun for snots, but it is time to get it done.

1 Trained Troll 4 5 5+ 5+ 10+ Always Hungry*, Loner (3+)*, Mighty Blow (+1), Projectile Vomit, Really Stupid*, Regeneration, Throw Team-mate, Block 155,000
2 Trained Troll 4 5 5+ 5+ 10+ Always Hungry*, Loner (3+)*, Mighty Blow (+1), Projectile Vomit, Really Stupid*, Regeneration, Throw Team-mate, Block 155,000
3 Pump Wagon 4 5 5+ - 9+ Dirty Player (+1), Juggernaut, Mighty Blow (+1), Really Stupid*, Secret Weapon*, Stand Firm 105,000
4 Pump Wagon 4 5 5+ - 9+ Dirty Player (+1), Juggernaut, Mighty Blow (+1), Really Stupid*, Secret Weapon*, Stand Firm 105,000
5 Fun Hopper 6 1 3+ 5+ 6+ Dodge, Pogo Stick, Right Stuff*, Sidestep, Stunty*, Diving Tackle 40,000
6 Fun Hopper 6 1 3+ 5+ 6+ Dodge, Pogo Stick, Right Stuff*, Sidestep, Stunty*, Diving Tackle 40,000
7 Fungus Flinger 5 1 3+ 4+ 6+ Bombardier, Dodge, Right Stuff*, Secret Weapon*, Sidestep, Stunty*, Pass 50,000
8 Fungus Flinger 5 1 3+ 4+ 6+ Bombardier, Dodge, Right Stuff*, Secret Weapon*, Sidestep, Stunty*, Pass 50,000
9 Stilty Runner 6 1 3+ 5+ 6+ Dodge, Right Stuff*, Sidestep, Sprint, Stunty* 20,000
10 Stilty Runner 6 1 3+ 5+ 6+ Dodge, Right Stuff*, Sidestep, Sprint, Stunty* 20,000
11 Snotling Lineman 5 1 3+ 5+ 6+ Dodge, Right Stuff*, Sidestep, Stunty*, Swarming, Titchy*, Diving Tackle 35,000
12 Snotling Lineman 5 1 3+ 5+ 6+ Dodge, Right Stuff*, Sidestep, Stunty*, Swarming, Titchy*, Diving Tackle 35,000
13 Snotling Lineman 5 1 3+ 5+ 6+ Dodge, Right Stuff*, Sidestep, Stunty*, Swarming, Titchy*, Diving Tackle 35,000
14 Snotling Lineman 5 1 3+ 5+ 6+ Dodge, Right Stuff*, Sidestep, Stunty*, Swarming, Titchy* 15,000
15 Snotling Lineman 5 1 3+ 5+ 6+ Dodge, Right Stuff*, Sidestep, Stunty*, Swarming, Titchy* 15,000
16 Snotling Lineman 5 1 3+ 5+ 6+ Dodge, Right Stuff*, Sidestep, Stunty*, Swarming, Titchy* 15,000

3 Rerolls, 3 Bribes, 1 Apo, 5 fans, Josef Bugman (riotous rookies not allowed)
I could have gone with the Masterchef instead, but then I could only get two bribes - and my plan is to foul a lot, argue the call and bribe my Wagons to stay.

It is only going to be 4 games, so should I suffer horrible it will only be for 1 day.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Oh Glorious fouling fungus flinging days are here.

Twin Bowl was an enormous success for the snots. Ended up going 1-2-1 and winning the stunty cup at the tourney :cool: As a price I could choose amongst a lot of star players, I went with the fat rat Glart. In total 5 stunty teams were in it. Total for the tourney were 52 teams.

It was a very well organized tournament, and I would recommend it to all. It was quite fun to play as a 2 man team, even though my partner in crime played Darkies.

First game was against Chaos Dwarfs - he made 9 casualties on the snots, but for my drive in 2nd half I could field Josef Bugman and he helped a lot and I managed to get a 1-1 draw.

Second game and I faced low down dirty no good skaven. Evil team but he could not do a lot of takeout on the snots, so I managed to force a 5+ pass from the evil opponent. He made it and the catch. Still I was able to drive for the draw in second half and managed to get it.

Third game was against Khorne, he made a horrible mistake and put 12 players on the pitch. I did not notice, so credit goes to him for being honest and telling me in turn 3. So I banned his big guy and that seemed to take the juice out of his team. They broke my armor like it was only 6+ - hang on... it is for most parts, but in total he only managed 2 KO´s. So i swarmed him and forced him to do weird stuff to score, then did the most chaotic grind for 2-1 victory. It was total chaos as snots and khorne hardly does anything to plan.

Last game was against lizards and he just killed my team, still managed to get to 1-1, but in the end he took down the carrier and scored to win it. His first TD did require some silly dice like 5+, 3+, 2+, 3+, 3+, 2+, 5+, 3+ but he did that without using a RR.

Overall I must say, snots are fun to play, but man it is pure chaos. My fungus flingers were crazy good - always play with those.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Next up is the Krush Kill N Destroy X in Berlin. A one day tourney with 4 games. 16-03-24 is the date of this rumble. I will stay for a few extra days to see the sights to see as I have never been to Berlin before.
Rules are 1.150 GP to build your team. Tier 1 gets 6 skills and 1 free stacking. I will bring orcs and they are tier 1. In this tourney you choose your skills before each match, so if I get blodge opponents I will have a MB+tackle blitzer.
Roster is as following:

1 Troll
4 x BOB´s
4 x Blitzers
1 thrower
1 lineorc
1 apo
3 x RR
1 coach

I do not like goblins on the orc team and a 1TTD is so unlikely that I will not take a goblin for that. Fouling is an option, but I will need time to learn BB again, so best to work with position play first.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
You go get them, @Netsmurf !
Gratz on your snotlings win!
Why go to Berlin with Orks, not snotlings?

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
You go get them, @Netsmurf !
Gratz on your snotlings win!
Why go to Berlin with Orks, not snotlings?
I prefer Orcs, them and Nurgle are my favorites, but with Nurgle nerf it is back to Orcs. Besides I only played Snotlings to get through all the NAF approved races, and on the very day I played snots, GW goes and announces the gnomes. Once they are released I will try them for a tourney. Must say I cant remember them from the 90´s so I think that they were just a magazine team and not in the normal rulebooks.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Individual results from Twin Bowl have been updated and I ended as #22 of 52 - not a bad result with stunties.

Playing through 28 races have taken far to long, but work have kept me from doing TT-tourneys. Most fun to play, besides Orc, have been Pro-elf, Slann, Nurgle and all the stunties - even Ogre was fun. No plan is solid with 6 big guys.

I have had good results and extremely poor results. I have won stunty cups with Halflings and Snotlings. Won a little tournament with Pro, been on table 1 for all 8 rounds with Slann at a world cup, been on table 1 for all 5 rounds with orcs as a mercenary for the Portuguese at Eurobowl. That is table 1 for the team, not the tournament!

I really really suck with OWA, I will never learn to play dwarfs, I cant play skaven at tourneys, nor woodies, or any of the human teams - I just dont know how to make them work.

I have been to 11 countries so far, 12 if Wales is Wales? Next goal is to get to 25 different countries. And play gnomes when they get released.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Rotters went from AG3 to AG 4+ with the move to BB2020.
Combine that with the Claw nerf and they aren't as good as they were.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Back from Berlin and Krush Kill N Destroy X. Unfortunately I got hit by the most horrible of horrible luck. I started to develop a nasty cold and it just got worse during the day.
First game was against Khorne and I started out with a blitz:D Naturally i rolled :skull::skull:. First block in my real turn :skull::skull: and it just continued. In total I reached 7 :skull::skull: and every time I would get stunned. So in the end I lost 0-2 as I also failed all the important AG rolls.

Second game was against underworld, with swarming and a masterchef. They only managed to take a reroll in either half, so I still had 2 rerolls. He managed to get his gutter through the lines and in second half I just grinded for the draw.

Third game also against Underworld he had extra bribes instead of the masterchef. I managed to put a lot of preasure on him and in the end he went for it and scored early. Gutters doing what gutters do. I snaked my GFI to score. Second half and I just did a grind for the draw.

Last game and I was feeling like shite at this time. My opponent was oh so slow and unfocused and had a lot of other stuff to do at the same time. It was a nightmare to play this game against his necro, but in the end I won it. Necro however does seem like a much better team now with the new wraiths.

Overall 1-2-1 not impressive and I do believe that I would have done better if not for the fever. I was not able to concentrate and I made stupid rookie mistakes. I spend the next two days in bed before flying home. So I will have to go to Berlin again at some point to see the city.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Well done, in any case, especially being sick and all.
Good luck on your subsequent trip back to conquer them!

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Went to Leeds this weekend for a nice little 3 game tourney. Brought the Orcs again and also with the thrower again.

Ended up 0-2-1 so not a great outing for the Orcs.

First game was against vamps with Count Luthor and also the big guy. So he only had 2 vamps. Even though I managed to take out the count and a vamp, his thralls just stepped up and did elf nonsense - in the end I managed to get a draw.

Second game was against Necro and he just diced me so heavily that he gave me free drinks. That was a solid defeat.

Last game was against undead and I felt lucky as I managed to cas a mummy twice and it failed regen the second time. The turn after he removed 3 orc blitzers - two of them on 1 dice blocks. Still managed to get a draw.

The orc thrower is simply to slow, so I will go back to the good old days and take sure hands on a blitzer instead. Next up is 4 weeks of work, I will try to get to a tourney after that.