Necromantic Secondary Ghoul Development

Sudonym

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
So my Necro team has a Blodge/Tackle/Side Step/Sure Hands Ghoul as a main ballcarrier and manmarker, but I'm now bringing up a rookie Ghoul who is just about to get his first level, where I'll have to decide between Block and Wrestle, barring doubles.

My first instinct is to go Block, Sure Hands, Side Step and use him as a secondary ball carrier, since Necro only get two ghouls, and with my -AG Wight, I only have 5 players total who have AG3 for ball carrying duties.

However, I currently have no Wrestle or Strip Ball anywhere on the team, and this would be the player who could pick that up- going Wrestle/Strip Ball/Tackle would give me a safety and ball winner that my team is currently lacking. But this would make him a weaker backup ballcarrier, if anything should happen to my AV7 regenless piece.

Thoughts?

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
There was a bit of a debate about this recently over at OFL and one that's been had before as well. Basically there are quite a few people arguing Necro should just have 1 wrackle ghoul and use wolves for carrying as ghouls die too easily taking spp down the drain and zombies are better on defense a lot of the time anyway and certainly to help the fouling game.

Anyway I'm a 2 ghoul guy myself but do think 1/should be a wrackler. Wolves can carry if the main BC goes down.

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
When a wolf is carrying, he isn't hitting, so the underlying question is - how scary are your wolves? If one rolled Agi+ and no doubles, he is a great candidate to be the secondary handler. If you have a wolf with MB (and especially with PO), you definitely want him free to deliver blitzes, and then having capable ghouls becomes much more important. I think having a Wrestle ghoul is nice, but a wolf with tackle makes a better safety than a Wrackle ghoul, so lately I've been giving my secondary ghouls Block. You can probably skip SH until the primary dies - plenty of other useful skills to have in the interim.

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
I think I would take wrestle because there is no one else on the team to take it and it's too useful a skill not to have any on the team. Even on offense there are times when you REALLY need to get an opposing piece down to create some space or a path and the most reliable way to do it is with a wrestler, especially if that piece has SF. And a MA7 piece to do it with is really good, with tackle even better!

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
I think I would take wrestle because there is no one else on the team to take it and it's too useful a skill not to have any on the team. Even on offense there are times when you REALLY need to get an opposing piece down to create some space or a path and the most reliable way to do it is with a wrestler, especially if that piece has SF. And a MA7 piece to do it with is really good, with tackle even better!

Not sure I agree with this, Zombies can take wrestle and in fact on the LoS its my preference. I do build a ghoul handler and a wrackler on my Necromantic teams as standard but a Wrackler is far more at risk if a Killer goes after it than a Blodging Ghoul which is worth considering as they have no regenerate or apothecary. Also sticking a Armour 7 really annoying sacker on the floor is a sure way to get head stamped. :rolleyes:

Also I by far would prefer to use a Frenzy Juggernaut player to clear a hole or path, they are plainly better at it as putting two players on the floor will generally only create a very limited amount of space to advance though and far less than you would need to send both the ball and a heavy screen across, obviously this is entirely situational however.:cool:

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
Wrestle zombies just aren't as efficient as block zombies IMO - they're there to get in the way, screen your important pieces and mark up dangerous players, none of which they can do from prone. Given that I don't take wrestle on zombies my secondary ghoul always goes down the safety route (wrackle, sidestep, strip ball if they live that long). Recently I've been running with only one ghoul as half my positionals were rookies and I couldn't afford to level a new ghoul at the same time - it's worked OK, but I've missed the safety and I'll be looking to build one ASAP.

o8oo Anarch

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I like the idea of ghoul #2 being a safety, otherwise you have to set a wolf/wight to the task which I'd much rather have them up front doing damage. Wolves make perfectly acceptable back-up ball carriers (esp as both of mine are ag4) should ghoul #1 get raped.

Sudonym

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I think that's what I'm going to do. Go Wrestle/Strip Ball/Tackle. Then pray for +1 AG so I can give him Leap and use him as a Wardancer, or go Sidestep/Diving Tackle so he can at least be an annoying marker on the ballcarrier if he doesn't knock the ball loose.

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
IF they get knocked down, which is more likely with wrestle :p:p

(and I've definitely chosen both down against a wrestle zombie to create a hole to go through!)

So nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, NYAH nyah.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
IF they get knocked down, which is more likely with wrestle :p:p

(and I've definitely chosen both down against a wrestle zombie to create a hole to go through!)

So nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, NYAH nyah.

But if you were using a Orc or Nurgle side both down on a zombie with your Black Orc/Warrior would suck balls... hence why its useful as its great for tying up high strength low movement players.

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
But if you were using a Orc or Nurgle side both down on a zombie with your Black Orc/Warrior would suck balls... hence why its useful as its great for tying up high strength low movement players.

This is true. I tend to only see the pitch from the elf perspective for some reason...