Reviving the Hobby in Stoke, UK

ChrisSnape

Rookie
Country Flag
Hi all,

New to the forum but old to the Game. Looking to get some practice in to rev up for some local(ish) tourneys via NAF. Anyone in the Stoke/Staffordshire area want to meet up for a game give me a shout.

1999 Stoke GW Keytimer who hasn't played for many years. Looking to gt back into Bloodbowl. :bothdown:

Regards,
Chris Snape

Last edited:

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum and back to Blood Bowl.

You've a decent midland location to get to quite a lot of tournaments, though I'm not aware of a league in Stoke.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Feel free to try some online gaming as well. (Although tabletop is better/funnier, online is more accessible ;))

And welcome :)

ChrisSnape

Rookie
Country Flag
Took your advice and have purchased the Dark elves edigion of BB for PC. Does anyone know of any good servers/leagues I can join to get my eye in using the classic rule mode?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
If you bought the Dark Elf edition your best bet is to just play against the AI - online play on Dark Elf edition is basically dead and everyone is on the Legendary Edition.

However, once the Chaos Edition is out, owners of any previous edition (DE or LE) are supposed to be able to buy it as an upgrade for 10€ or $10 or thereabouts. So come late Autumn you should be able to cheaply get a game which will allow you to play with everyone.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Snape, not Snake.

(Snape kills Dumbledore, but Snakes kill everything, and Snake belong to action movies and games.)

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
Coming from stoke I know its a barren, bloodbowless place. It is however, easy to get to tourneys in the west mids, manchester, notts, leicester from stoke.

ChrisSnape

Rookie
Country Flag
Thanks for the info guys... I got the game for £4 so not too bad!

Severus has certainly put us Snape's on the map! :)

Coachman - Take it you managed to escape the potteries then?

Regards,
Chris Snape

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
Briefly, but its a black hole. It sucks you back in.

ChrisSnape

Rookie
Country Flag
Coachman - Do you know Maverick on Talk Fantasy Football forum? He is in Stafford. Wondering if we could organise a gathering somewhere Stoke/Stafford way?

Anyone else in Staffordshire?

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
Millandson an occ coach is the only one I know. I work shifts and have a young family so would struggle to commit to a regular night. Most of my hobbies have fell to the way side unfortunately.

I do make the occasional table top tournament tho. Have you attended the naf in nottingham?

ChrisSnape

Rookie
Country Flag
I know what you mean! Got a brace of small people myself.

No worries about tourneys, just need to vet practice in beforehand...

Currently using BB on PC at the moment using classic rules.

O

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Just wondering if there was still anybody active in stoke?
Hey Raven. Long time no see. I don't suppose you'd be interested in rejoining the CC, would you? It'd be great to have another of the original CC1 coaches playing again!

Rav3n73

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Been a bit busy of late and i'm affraid Blood Bowl had to take a back seat.

Currently setting up a table top Dungeon Bowl league with my cousin. I'll post some pics of the layout once it's sorted.

I only have a laptop these days and I doubt Blood Bowl will run on it. Wish there was a way of upgrading graphics cards in those things.

I guess if I get a bonus in the new year I could look at getting a PC again, then deffinetly up for a bit of crunch cup.

Hope you are well Narly.

Lee

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I only have a laptop these days and I doubt Blood Bowl will run on it. Wish there was a way of upgrading graphics cards in those things.

I play BB on a laptop - and the computer before that was a laptop too (four years old, not any amazing graphics card).

Just drop the settings to lowest on everything and you should have a fair shake.

Hobnail

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Hobnail
Country Flag
For the record bjjhero (coachman on here) is from Stoke. Also Millandson (ingame and on the OCC) certainly used to live there or thereabouts.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
For the record bjjhero (coachman on here) is from Stoke. Also Millandson (ingame and on the OCC) certainly used to live there or thereabouts.

you have to go to Belgium in case I miss the NAF or I will not beleive that you exist:p