Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
upload_2017-12-31_0-47-29.png

Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
next game will be against dwarfs.

I have money to buy a new vamp, but i think its saferto wait and play against the dwarfs, see my division for next season, and waiting for Count Gonçalão and Count Janjinhas to level up.

Zoraster

Super Star Player
Country Flag
My OCC vamps are at the same point yours were when you last updated this thread so I've got the same dilemma. Had a torrid first game suffering a dead thrall on very first block taken by the team, followed by a niggle and move bust in the same half, but since then we have been solid. Unbeaten apart from an admin loss during my hospital stint, but a mediocre record as we have had five draws to go with our two wins.

Key difference with my team is only normal skill rolls. A pain in the longer term but makes for a much more reliable team right now. All the vamps have dodge, two of them are blodged up and we have a solid core of thralls with blocking skills... five in total if I do get the vamp. Unskilled dodges and blocks are now few and far between. The other big difference is my last game of the season is vs undies rather than dwarfs so more potential for getting the 6spp on the rookie vamps debut. The other factor is I have 210k in the treasury and a full complement of 11 thralls.

It goes against my instincts to get the fifth vamp this early but I feel this team can probably carry it given average dice. While I have a lot of vampire experience this is only the second rookie team I've run this decade so this is in theory crafting territory... any thoughts?

Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
upload_2018-2-17_13-49-23.png

Hey m8 thks for reply to this blog. I was a little slothful to update the blog.

But i would like to share my team now so far. We are at MD4 (i will play against a killer bret team), so 12 games total for my team 5 wins, 5 draws, 2 losses

My record for this season 2 are 1-2-0 (i draw against @Stcloud and @tys123 and won against @YsengrinSC skaven team).

I bought the 5 Vamp after the first game of season 2, so 10 games in total and i bought the 5 vamp. So far she didnt level up, but i really want to try this next game to level up!. I bought the 5 vamp after talking with Bantha, and he told me that the best time to get the 5 vamp, is when u have 10 thralls so u have a good bench and can allow some bites.

I looked to your team, and looks solid m8. I would looked to have a more "blitzer" vamp with block and MB, its good to have a pain dealer vamp! But with 2 blodge and two more vamps close to that u can go for the 5 vamp in my opinion.

So far for me Count Regor is the MVP the extra ST and MV allow to dismantle the opposite defense! Lets see if i can survive to a killer Brets team today!

Zoraster

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I would looked to have a more "blitzer" vamp with block and MB, its good to have a pain dealer vamp!

That is a bit of a trap. I do like to have a killer, but not until extremely deep into the teams life. One mighty blow is virtually an irrelevance and you don't have the skill slots available to spam it or build an out and out killer without seriously compromising your teams ability to compete. It is just another unreliable bit of RNG added to a team that needs a bit of reliability to shine. Generally my killer is the replacement for first dead vamp when the rest are well developed. Opportunity cost is too high before that imo. Many vamp teams hit the wall at mid development because they lack core basics. Guard in particular becomes a huge issue for a lot of vamp coaches.

Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
That is a bit of a trap. I do like to have a killer, but not until extremely deep into the teams life. One mighty blow is virtually an irrelevance and you don't have the skill slots available to spam it or build an out and out killer without seriously compromising your teams ability to compete. It is just another unreliable bit of RNG added to a team that needs a bit of reliability to shine. Generally my killer is the replacement for first dead vamp when the rest are well developed. Opportunity cost is too high before that imo. Many vamp teams hit the wall at mid development because they lack core basics. Guard in particular becomes a huge issue for a lot of vamp coaches.
Really like to know what others players think, and with vamps is so many great options. If u have some time, can u share what would be the ideal build for 5vamps. With double rolls to, would like to know more perspectives

Zoraster

Super Star Player
Country Flag
It feels like a huge set of options but once you take the givens (blodge, positional skill) you only have ten skills left across five starter vamps. Precise builds depend on environment but bare minimum for me is two guard, two DT and one tackle. Solid passive vamps you don’t have to activate are a godsend. That leaves five choices to fit environment or for stat boosts.

Typically I run with:
Two primary gazers blodge, SF, guard, pro. If I need extra tackle it replaces pro on one. +AG replaces guard.
Two lockdown vamps blodge, SF, DT, one with tackle, one with guard
A utility vamp: blodge, SS, skill lost to stats elsewhere/one or two of frenzy/grab, guard, juggs, jump up, pro, sure hands)

I do run the sixth vamp eventually and if all goes well he is my killer.
Killer: MB, PO, block, frenzy/tackle, SS/jump up

I don’t like taking more than two stats across my starter vamps unless one player lands multiple, allowing a special player who can compensate. A +AG gazemeister is pure gold.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I do feel like a killer is important. It raise your chance of a removal by an average of ca. 10% which is almost one a drive if you're blitzing with your killer most turns. Makes a difference, especially against AV 7 teams that vamps struggle with otherwise. A tacklepomb, should you go all in is about .44 to remove AV 7 on a successful blitz - which is fantastic.

I've also heard from some vamp coaches (20p) that vamps don't need guard as they can compensate with gaze and st 4 though I suspect that's a playstyle thing. Like him I tend to do without guard on a lot of agi focused teams unless I can an agi 4 guarder to help with sacks.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
I’d need a lot of persuading every team doesn’t benefit a lot from having a blitzer/killer.

And “play style thing” when it comes from 20P has to be respected!

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I would also agree with 20p. Guard is less useful on vamps than any other race.
I would also take less SS and SF than Zoraster is suggesting. If you get DT you want SF and a couple of SS or SF is nice but you want too many skills to give it to everyone.

Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Team Objectives:
1- Win BCrunch2;
2- Making Altdwarf with vamps;
3- Win FA cup in 3 seasons;
4- Be the best Vampire race team;
5- Staying at least 3 seasons with them and not break any mouse or keyboard!

Carnival of DirtyCounts started at season9. 5 Objectives defined, yesterday, season 14 we achieved the remaining, Win BigCrunc2 with vamps!!

Now its time to make new objetives, because the team still look fresh and entertaining! And the new objective is..... Having a legendary Vamp Player! Count Regor himself and Count Gonçalão are earning a lot of SPP, i hope season 15 give a legendary vamp to the Fans Favourite Vamp team!

I want to take this time to share my history with BB:

When I was about 14 years old I played Warhammer Fantasy TableTop, and we had a big tournament at my country (Portugal), and was at my hometow (Almada), was really excited to play against older people, having my family visiting me while i was playing to support :) But while the main event was running, i saw some dudes playing a different game. BloodBowl at tabletop, was a side event with like 10players. I was intrigued about that game, but the duty was calling and the time for some HighElf action at WarhammerFantasy.

Some years ago, around 2015, i watched a youtuber (AngryJoe) playing BloodBowl on PC, and i had some flashbacks from that tournament :O 2015 was the year that i started to work at my current job, so i gather some money to buy a new laptop, and bought Bloodbowl Chaos edition. Matter of fact I started searching for info, and found BBTactics (Probably like 85% of our community) because of the great work that @Coach did with the amazing guides and tips!

So after few time playing singleplayer (i'm not a singleplayer person, I like to play with peeps) i jumped to multyplayer and joining Crunched Cup, when I still didnt know the basics :p Funny fact i think i joined with Necromantic.

2015 was the year of BB2 realese, so i didnt played a lot of BB1 (still joined OCC too), but the transition to BB2 was a good moment to be part of, as our community did that move with time (some old dogs taked to mutch time to join BB2 ranks :p). That gave me opportunity to play in the first BC2 league and help running the show.

I picked Lizzies, and created Carnival of MaguumaJungle (in honor of Guildwars). Was amazing time to be part of BBT community, and play a "new" game with great peeps! I achieved the title with them, after StCloud, but the fun that i had with them started to crumble as the health of my team. The enjoy ended, and i was "worried" to lose the grip with BloodBowl.

With the arrive of legendary edition, Vamps have been lauched and i started to think about change to them. Matter of fact i never had played with Vamps, and only played 1 time or so against @sbr32 vamps back at BB1. But i wasnt the only one to join BC2 with vamps, other 2 great coaches and 1 so-so (u know its u Fil!) coach joined at the same time @notorious noob @TravelScrabble and @Filadeus. That gave a extra flavour as the fight for the best vamp team was on the run and had some highlight (u can find info at [URL]https://bbtactics.com/forum/th...season-10-the-holy-trinity.12985/#post-210817[/URL])

The healthy competition, and the "fresh air" that Vamps gave me while playing with them, made me recover the joy and the fun to play with BB. Every single game that i play now, i start to think what i would do if the HGazes work, and the amount of HGazes need to hit the BCarrier or some key target (still think about it when i dont play with vamps :p)

So achieving the title its a great accomplishment because i doubt about it, Vamps can implode themself and i didnt expect to have the dices to hold one 9 games at altdwarf and pick the trophie. But now im rendered to Vamps, and I recommend u guys to try to play with them (seems a different game).

Big Thks to all of u guys that make our community amazing, u are the true MVP!