Cyanide BBTactics in OFL Season 12

Remthar

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Spoilers for result:
Yeah, I done lost :( Almost stopped the score in the first drive, but failed a pickup on 3+ with a reroll.

Scored fine on turn 6, and had Killed a NW. Could maybe have help out for another turn, but felt I could stop a Nurgle 3Turn TD. But I get a "Perfect" defense, and screw it up. I stop the first Breakthrough, but the ST4 AGi4 MA7 Superfuckingpesitgor is able to get within 2 GFIs on the endzone on turn 7. I'm able to blitz and BH another Pestigor covering him, and mark the Superpest with DT and SS. Then I just need to make a few columns in front of him... and Snake eye the second of two needed GFIs for full coverage. The DT is knocked away, and the pest Blitzes, dodges and GFIs to score.

I screwed up the Perfect defence, but the snake eye at the wrong time cost me a chance at overtime.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Eight loners in the finals, possibly I'll add a new rookie dancer if it doesn't interfere with wizarding (either way)

I did mean "Eight players plus loners" by the way. And I did add a rookie dancer.

I didn't post the description of the game, so..

Another crazy game sees me take the LFC with a 3-2 win against the Darkland Raiders and sets me as the second best coach (team, whatever) in LFC history (since I got slammed out by Bantha last season when he took it all, and he didn't play this season).

Didn't have high hopes, what with all my dead players this season (two dead-apo-dead +AG Stripping Tackledancers smarted, and a +move catcher with a serious concussion and a smashed collar bone was as much a liability as a magical mystery girl - until RTSD damaged her back in the semifinals)

But the TV drop meant getting a wizard and two extra apos against (RTSD - used the wizard and 1/3 apos) and a wizard and an extra apo against matts373 (used both apos, but the wizard only in celebration, and after clearing it with matts) and those inducements were vital parts of achieving victory.

Against RTSD (if I haven't said it before) the win was due to horrible luck for him, and great for me, including him misclicking one of his players to dead when he was fireballed, generally fragile lizards and a pitch invasion that despite his superior fame only downed one of my players (and the one I didn't need in oneturning) while dropping one of his screening skinks allowing me to blitz another out of the way and get a oneturner in - after the treeman passes a loner to reroll into a non-takedown to begin with. And then I won the coin toss for overtime and Bob's yet uncle.

Against matts I just had plenty of luck instead and he was just fairly unlucky, but that was enough. 2-1 up after the first half when my 4+ pass for the 2-1 came off and his 4+ pass to equalize didn't (blinding sunlight the entire game), and then on 2-2 my 3+ pass for the possible win fumbled - but when matts picked up the loose ball it stole his reroll, and when GFI:ng to get it to his super-runner it spilled again for easy stall until turn 15 leaving him only one turn (and no riot). So he killed Circe - but for a change the apothecary actually made the boo-boo better. Whee. :D

Rough ending Remthar, but still a great one given your rough start.And at least you picked up a conference, even if that sadly isn't tracked on the Trophy page.

Toast

Rookie
Country Flag
You do get a conference trophy, just takes a while for Thul to add it to the team card.

Not sure how you use spoiler tags, but it was a great final by both coaches

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Luckily it's just an exhibition game, but it would be a sweet ending.

Meanwhile I did get one single player into the LFC Pro Bowl Team, which is down from last season IIRC, but after a tiebreaking vote Zipora the catcher managed to claim a spot as receiver with 7 TD:s and 14 Receptions during the main season. (And two passes).

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Oh wow - Doe cam from way back to sneak into the last runner/thrower spot. Good for her :)

Good luck in the world cup Nik!

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Thanks. :D

All the well-wishing to the Birds sees the Miasmas too tardy in getting their punching prowess running. (And some other stuff happened too. Dengue Dan was involved in a not so shining way)

So BBT manages to redeem itself in the very last moment. (Which conference is best will have to wait for the Pro Bowl)

I don't know if the replay will be put up anywhere, since I've seen neither hair or tail of the season 11 WC game, but here's a complete replay of the S12 WC: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73749493/Blood Bowl/Showoff/OFL S12 WC (Exhibition Game).zip

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Congrats Nik. Having played against you it's definitely well deserved.

Having gotten my first AG 5 Stripping Tackledancer killed by you, and the second killed by Zulu was not what I expected to be a winning move - but apparently that was the case :confused:

Still, I'm happy enough. Now let's see if the three players I kept to S13 manages to survive at least long enough to get an apothecary.. :rolleyes:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Through some aimed propaganda I managed to get Jena into the Pro Bowl as a second representative for the Angry Birds.