[CCVIII] Help on team choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghaz

Star Player
Country Flag
Hi guys,

I would like to change team for next Crunch Cup, but I don't really know what team to pick.
As you know, I'm used to play ogre, but want to try something else (get rid of all this bonehead will be nice). I want to play a bashing team (that's my play style), but an entertaining one. In table top, I play, Ogre, Lizzies and Necro. What other teams can you advice me? I'm thinking about Nurgle or Khemri, can they match my play style? Or do you think about a better others teams for me?

I'm looking more for the fun, but this season, I want to have players who do always what I ask them to do, not just drooling in the middle of the pitch!!!

Thanks in advance for your usefull advices, I have no doubt about it :D

Ghaz

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Nurgle might be on the slow side for you (move 4 on those warriors)... Beast has "really stupid" that can bring bad memories of "Bone Head".

Khemri maybe too strategic positioning and unflexible. You'd hate the Agi 2 all over.

I well developed Chaos team would be fun for you... but that takes time. Love the goats... but the lack of initial block and regen really hurts.

Naturally I'd recommend Necro which is my favorite... but not so bashy.

Maybe Undead ? Ghouls are mobile and fragile like snots. Mummies slow... but pack a punch.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
For straight forward bash, Dwarves and Orcs are probably simplest, but they miss on the definition of being as much fun, in my mind at least.

Khemri can put the bash in, but it takes more skill and application, so they might suit, I'd certainly think that Ogres give you a good practice for the mixture of high strength and a fragile line (AV7 skeleton linemen). And Ogres also teach you the value of having the right ball carrier, which Khemri also need religiously.

Not quite my cup of tea, but I do think there are similarities to Ogres.

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
A well played Khemri is the most frustrating to your foe. Those guard Mummies are a pain... a major effort just to managed to knock one down... and no cas.

I can't see how they can be fun... so unflexible... snotlings can do wonders on a pinch.

Ghaz

Star Player
Country Flag
Thx for your advices, I think I will try to have a few matches with an Nurgle team, just to see how it goes and if I like the play style.

Anyways, I still have my ogre team, a quite rookie Necro team able to join CCVIII.

So not much a problem so far !!!

Gratz to both of you and see you soon on the pitch.

Ghaz

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Nurgle is a more defensive slower Chaos. I say "defensive" because of that 1/6 chance of blocks failing... that aura makes catching the ball in scrums harder... they also can't run. Also regen means they can take blows more than Chaos. Its still a win on the grind team.

They are a bit heavy on TV bloat... but league play that doesn't matter as much. With time and mutations your goats can become stars and way more flexible with either agility or speed like Barmution's + move goat.

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
For me, I would consider going with an Undead team, for the simple reason that of the options here, the Undead are easily the most reliable out of the box. Generally the ghouls are targets, but they can get Blodge/Wrodge easily so it isn't hard to skill up replacements. Two big guys with MB and no loner trait is the closest thing to reliable ogres you will get and should not be underestimated. They can also score fast when they absolutely have to.

Ghaz

Star Player
Country Flag
For me, "FUN" means when I can do things never expected by my opponents, for example, dodging out with a non break tackle ogre, making a one die block with a snot on a blodge player and Knock him out, feeling the fear that my team inspires at my opponents, etc... I really like to break some armor during the game, not dodging out all the time. I'm not too concerned about the "reliability" of the team, it doesn't matter for me. In last crunch cup, I have suffer 5 defeats in a row (very disapointing, not being able to break lot's of elf or skaven armor is a pitty) But my first match in Crunched Cup erases all of them. Breaking so much Saurus armor was just amazing and completely unexpected!

My only concern with my ogre team at the moment is its very high team value, which doesn't reflect her real abilities ! Giving like 300k inducements each game don't help my ogre to reach victory.

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
That's the same reason I developed a halfling obsession. I do know what you mean though. Teams like Ogres, Gobs and Halflings thrive when they are the underdog. With a team that self-destructs anyway the last thing you need is the added complication of a wizard.

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I like necros for the same reason... oppos just aren't used to non-elves/skaven running that fast. You do the unexpected.

Flanks

Star Player
Country Flag
Anyone know when the CCVIII league will be created? Not wanting to forget to move my dwarfs in!

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Personally I blame Mico and Nikolai, for handing out all that touchy-feely support in what so quickly became the CCC28 love-in thread.

They'll be wanting their dignity back next, the ingrates. And after all I spent on their mandatory employee spinectomies, too - this is the thanks I get? You just can't find the staff these days, I tell you :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.