Cyanide BBTactics in OFL Season 12

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Nice. Last time I looked at the Blotter it was all "I'm not saying anything about LFC" but now there's loads about it. (Or just as much as about everyone else, but it feels more meaningful to read it all if some is about me ;))

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I play Gusya this evening. He is khorne with no Bloodthirster. I don't know what to do with that.

Anyone played him and able to offer an insight into his play?

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I lost to him last week, he played very compact and near the sideline with a heavy emphasis on setting up surfs even to the point of putting his drive at risk and almost letting me in for a free stall (but I snaked the handoff).

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Gusya's got a fair bit of OCC experience with Khorne too, although there he had a Bloodthirster.
He's pretty good with them.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Lost 0-1 to TravelScrabble's woodies.

TS played well, and I let the clock get away from me on a few turns which cost me.
Its another close game that I've lost.

MVP to level-up my Krox again who is now borderline too expensive to draft at the start of next season.
Also my newly signed Wrestle/Strip Ball blitzer survived 3 turns before being MNG against matt's darkies tomorrow.

Whoopee...

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
GG Ging, without that ludicrous 2+ 2d 5+ 2+ 2+ 3+ 2+ in the first half it would have been a draw.

Yes, that was what I was cursing while lying in bed unable to sleep again after another frustrating result.
The most annoying thing about it was if I'd run the ball into the other corner of my half then scoring would have been impossible, and we would have had long awaited and hard earned draw. :(

Did you kill any of his players though?
No Everblue, nobody died.
Not a brutal week, TS won the CAS 1-0 and the KOs 3-2.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
The most annoying thing about it was if I'd run the ball into the other corner of my half then scoring would have been impossible,

Impossible because he couldn't have reached the ballcarrier, or just "because then the scatter/bounce would have taken the ball in the other direction).

The first one you are allowed to be miffed about over the night, the second one is just part of dice luck in general.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
2-2 draw with Matt's dark elves at the cost of an mng GR. Couldn't pull off a one turner to win it at the end even with a quick snap thanks to Glart not even managing a :pushback: or a :bothdown: on the blitz to start it all off. :rolleyes:

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Tonight is my make or break match. Beat RTSD and my playoff hopes survive for a little longer. Lose and its the end of an era (see what I did there?)

Will be broadcast on twitch @ 9pm

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Good luck, and/or break a skink. :D

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
2-2 draw with Matt's dark elves at the cost of an mng GR. Couldn't pull off a one turner to win it at the end even with a quick snap thanks to Glart not even managing a :pushback: or a :bothdown: on the blitz to start it all off. :rolleyes:

I watched the game to possibly comment on the oneturner - and I have to say he got lucky by equalizing in turn 6 with a scatter pass bouncing to the right place. You could have gone into the second half 2-0 up. (It did at least bounce on the pitch, so it wasn't the Cyanide bug that a pass to the endzone means the recipient gets a catch roll if it scatters out, before the throw-in takes over. Or? I didn't see it since I was fast-forwarding and didn't expect him to go for the TD quite that soon)

On the other hand, had he still managed to score it would probably have been 1-1 when second half started, not 2-1.

And then your wizard forgot which end of the staff was the one that shot lightning.

And yea, not much to do with the oneturner. Rough.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Yeah, his first score lucky indeed. Especially as he had to use the rr on the hand-off first. I also got away with a miss-click that made a GR foul his prone player in my first drive and then both my scores required two 3+ dodges, so can't complain too much! :eek:

The wizard fail is just yet another one in a long line of recent wizard fails... :rolleyes:

The mng GR is annoying, yet it could have been worse of course. At least the other GR who I brought back from BH so that he could score a TD and hit 16 spp rolled +Ag, so there was some light at the end of the tunnel! :)

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
The zon fouling game really clicked this week as not one, not two, not three but four Saurii are MNG for RTSD next week. While this was going on the zons ran in three TDs and the lizards ended with two left on the pitch. I didnt let up - putting in 12 fouls over the course of the game, the four turns I didnt were the three I scored and one where there wasnt a player on the floor. Sadly for anyone in the playoffs the team took no lasting damage. It was that one sided Roxanna got benched for the whole of the second half so I could get SPP on my players.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Impossible because he couldn't have reached the ballcarrier, or just "because then the scatter/bounce would have taken the ball in the other direction).

The first one you are allowed to be miffed about over the night, the second one is just part of dice luck in general.

Impossible because although he still could have blitzed the ball carrier with a WD, no one else was in range to pick and throw to his receiver.

Instead I went to the other side of the pitch with some protection, but the WD got in and the ball scattered out of play, only to be thrown back next to a downed elf who picked up and passed it to the elf who'd evaded DT + another TZ, all with no RR. :rolleyes:

Anyway, that was last night.

Tonight we lost 1-2 to matts dark elves. They're a tough team to face.
So much +ST, guard and blodge for my barely-skilled players to cope with. Plus one of his Blodge\SS blitzers rolled a double after danton's match, and he now has MB too! :eek:

Nearly stopped him scoring on his drive with a 1d leaping blitz to :bothdown: his ball-carrying rookie witch, and we then passed the ball downfield, but the wizard fizzled and couldn't seal the defensive play.

That said, he could've made it 3-0 near the end if he'd downed my ball carrier. As it was, he stayed upright and we were able to chain-push him into range next turn, and grab a consolation score.

Obligatory stat break was a choice between -AV and -ST on a rookie catcher. Could've been worse I guess. :)

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I also got away with a miss-click that made a GR foul his prone player

Yea, that move did make me boggle some. I thought "he must have a bribe, and yes matts has only eleven players so it makes some sense, but damn that was one aggressive play"

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Well I lost to Gusya in the end.

I rolled 2 quad skulls in the match (including on my first blitz), plus four other double skulls, to give you an idea of how it went. All my first half rerolls went on double skulls in the first 3 turns. His strategy of man marking my claw and MB players with his unskilled bloodletters paid off, so I did no damage to him.

I however lost my best hobbo to a permanent injury.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
My girls have another must win match this week against Niks irrepressible Wood Elves (I have a few alternate descriptions for them but this is a family environment :D)

Will be broadcasting on twitch at 1930 GMT complete with mysterious clicking noises and not so mysterious heavy breathing