Orc Orc Starting Roster

VELOX NEB

Rookie
Country Flag
I've been playing the Cyanide game for a couple months while and in the middle of the BBLE beta I've decided to start my very first orc team.

4 Blitzers
4 Black Orc Blockers
2 Throwers
1 Goblin
3 Re-rolls

1000 pts.

I was quite pleased with how my team performed in its first match--without two key tactical errors I would have easily turned the draw into a win. I think the two Throwers are absolutely key, as they enable you to easily pick up and secure the ball at the start of a drive no matter where it might be in the back field. The Goblin is there to provide assists, fouls, and the odd desperation catch.

My first purchase was an Apothecary, and I'm currently saving up for a Troll, and then another couple Goblins, with one specialized as a catcher, another as a defender, and the last as a dedicated fouler.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I recently went with the exactly the same lineup as Velox Neb posted above and found it worked well out of the box for much the same reasons. Having said that, my spending priorities were soon put to the test as I found the lack flexibility in setting up frustrating.

With a need to keep the Blitzers mobile, and Throwers and the Goblin far from optimal for the role, the LOS is going to be 3 Black Orcs 100% of the time. I really hated this as it tied up a lot of my strength, making caging and path-clearing difficult, and at the same time made my line-ups lop-sided with the fourth Black Orc dressed left or right.

In the end I impulse-bought a Lineman to stick on the LOS, which in the grander scheme of things disrupted team development as the Goblin started getting left out... the same Goblin who was sitting on a sizeable chunk of the team's SPP. The Troll's purchase being delayed wasn't helpful either.

But no starting roster is perfect, of course, and I can't emphasise enough how useful having double the Sure Hands cover is on offense, or the immense utility of Stunty + Dodge mobility in a pinch.