Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 30+

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
Nik, 3-3-0 seems really a good record in the championship, I'm rooting for you and Palolv, although I know that Magfa and his Chorfs are a tough beast to tame.
After all he won three BC Cups in a row, if I remember correctly.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Nik, 3-3-0 seems really a good record in the championship, I'm rooting for you and Palolv, although I know that Magfa and his Chorfs are a tough beast to tame.
After all he won three BC Cups in a row, if I remember correctly.

Yea, magfa's four points ahead of me and five points ahead of Chora-Cra, with three games remaining, so he's very much on track to win it all this week, if he wins against GUSYA's thoroughly crippled team, I lose against Coachman's woodies (with a natural oneturner and two MB-Tackle dancers) and Chora's woodies draw with smoked's nurgles.

AllyRdr

Super Star Player
Country Flag
MD7 vs Master Key's chaos and I pulled a win out of my ass with a last turn TD and a hell of a lot of luck.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
A 4-1 victory of Semperfidelis in MD7 puts the Rat Taqueria back near the top of 1A. I just need to hold on for a few more matches.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
MD7 saw me victorious again. MD8 I'm facing a coach that disappeared after two tied matches this season. To make things fair the admin team has awarded victories to the two coaches who had to actually face him, so the standings are a bit difficult to figure out.

I think I'm currently in 2nd with 16 points. Ballztothewalla has 17 points, and there's a number of coaches with 14 and maybe someone with 15?

In any case a victory or tie should probably guarantee me promotion to the championship division next season. Surely a victory would. I guess I need Ballztothewalla to have a loss or tie to go along with a hopeful victory from me to actually win tier 1A; but my main goal is to make it to the championship division (and still have my three great players). I'm facing JJape's chaos dwarf squad, which is always tough for skaven with all their tackle/MB for my gutters and claw/MB for my SV. But JJape is missing his ball carrying Bull Centaur and a standard chaos dwarf blocker. That probably means he's getting a wizard or buying some hobgoblins... Should be an interesting match!

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Well I ended up losing MD9. So now I'm going to make the championship division unless Everblue wins and Hudd wins by 3 or more. Or at least I think :)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Well I ended up winning MD9. So now I'm going to stay in the championship

Yea, or the entire first half for that part. Or the turn before when he spilled the ball on 2D against and I had zero rerolls to try to fix things with. In my world the entire match was tense except the moment before kickoff and the moment after the dancer failed the final leap..

-

But with that match, even if I didn't win the Championship, the Repeated Offenders is now officially the best Undead team in OCC of all times! (Which is nice)

Previously Angron and his team Behold the Thirteen were the previous masters with a third place in the Tier 1 (the old name on the Championship division)

Well, not only have I matched that, I've also got a third place in the Championship tier (since it replaced the old T1) and I've got the first Undead team to ever play consecutive seasons in the top division (since now the top four stay up instead of the top two)..

But there is also a tiebreaker that I feel is worth something more than semantics and that is that this is the sixth time the Offenders have been in the top OCC division, which in itself is a rare performance matched by not a lot of other teams.

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
Well I ended up losing MD9. So now I'm going to make the championship division unless Everblue wins and Hudd wins by 3 or more. Or at least I think :)

You're safely through regardless. Top 3 go up.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
You're safely through regardless. Top 3 go up.

I believe Hudd would have tied me with a win by 3 or more (tied me and tied my TD difference). I think he would have won the next tie breaker, as he gave up less touchdowns and beat me head to head. But as it is he lost yesterday by 1 so that confirms my spot! Today Everblue and Ballz play, Ballz takes 1A with a win or tie. With a win Everblue takes the division, but a tie or loss leaves him out of the top 3. So it's Ballz, me, and JJape OR Everblue, Ballz, and me.

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
I had the 1B standings screwed up since I wasn't aware of Ballz getting two extra points from the decision to turn those three dorf draws into wins after he quit the league or whatever.

The last spot for Championship is down to 1B and it'll be a league admin decision since Hawca and DakaMan don't seem to be playing without an extension and maybe not even then. Hawca needs a win while a draw would suit DakaMan just fine.

So Championship for S33 looks like
Magfa's Chorfs
JJape's Chorfs
BallztotheWalla's Chaos
PaloLV's Orcs
Dreamy's Undead
Razon's Necro
Bobsol's Skaven
Javelin's Skaven
Chora-Cra's Woodies

and the final spot to Hawca (Lizards) or DakaMan (Necro)

So it's looking like a very bashy lineup.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
That's not exactly bashy.
If you class Skaven as an Agility team then it is 3 Ag , 3 Hybrid and 4 bash.
Also 8 of the 10 teams have AV7 players ( 9 in the unlikely event the orc team has goblins )

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
I had the 1B standings screwed up since I wasn't aware of Ballz getting two extra points from the decision to turn those three dorf draws into wins after he quit the league or whatever.

The last spot for Championship is down to 1B and it'll be a league admin decision since Hawca and DakaMan don't seem to be playing without an extension and maybe not even then. Hawca needs a win while a draw would suit DakaMan just fine.

So Championship for S33 looks like
Magfa's Chorfs
JJape's Chorfs
BallztotheWalla's Chaos
PaloLV's Orcs
Dreamy's Undead
Razon's Necro
Bobsol's Skaven
Javelin's Skaven
Chora-Cra's Woodies

and the final spot to Hawca (Lizards) or DakaMan (Necro)

So it's looking like a very bashy lineup.

So two spots are handed out to the championship division (Daka and JJape) after getting byes on week 9 from opponents that could have made the championship had they played (Everblue could pass JJape with a win over Ballz, and Hawca could have passed Daka with a win over him). And with Ballz not playing Everblue on MD9 like they are scheduled we get a chaos team not having to face the other chaos team in our division.

What's the world coming to when the chaos teams dodge each other :)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Wimps be helping wimps..