Crunch them all - open cyanide league in Blood Bowl 1 (LE/CE)

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Cheers, was a fun game for me at least! I was able to buy a 5th Ogre after the game and might even be able to afford the last one after a couple more games! :D

Fallowheart

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Fallowheart
Country Flag
nice! Last one shouldn't be far off... then you're really fielding a nasty side.

its always fun. I was just mad at myself for letting it get to a point where I had no hope of recovering. There was a couple of very early turns where I went for it instead of columning up and making you work more. Instead of playing it safe I threw my skinks downfield and had saurii out of place trying to get a chance at a pickup. It was better to play it safe and i didn't and paid for it. too overconfident i could get a quick score; poor coaching.

Fallowheart

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Fallowheart
Country Flag
so Danton humbled me yesterday, but I did manage some spp and an apoth out of the deal... who would like to play tonight? :D 9ish (GMT -4)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
so Danton humbled me yesterday, but I did manage some spp and an apoth out of the deal... who would like to play tonight? :D 9ish (GMT -4)

Is that now or in two hours? Because I'm in now, but probably not in 2 hours :cool:

Fallowheart

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Fallowheart
Country Flag
Is that now or in two hours? Because I'm in now, but probably not in 2 hours :cool:

sadly it seems to be 'in 2 hours'. :(

I was at work and they tend to frown on me playing BB at my desk for some reason. :rolleyes:

The 3-agil Ogre was the clear star. That's a good player to have, especially as a ball-runner. No block to even get a both-down on my end lol!

The first score I did manage to mark him with a skink behind and a saurus in front. He ball-blitzed my saurus after marking the skink and got a :pushback: then dodged free. I thought I had him. After that I put together a pickup (in pouring rain), quick pass, handoff in a tacklezone and failed the dodge w/ my skink to score (diving tackle) at the bottom of 8, so no equalizer. I should have blitzed him free but had to spend the blitz earlier to free up my pickup and he rolled blitz! twice on the kickoff and at the half (to catch the ball with his 3-agil Ogre). After that I couldn't bring him down. 2-0 Ogres.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Yeah, the Ag 3 Ogre was indeed the star. Hopefully he can get a Double or two later in his career in order to make the most of his agility. It really gives the Ogre team a nice boost to have the option of giving the ball reliably to one of their big guys!

My second TD was after you failed to pick up the deep kick and my snots then kept your skinks busy until a couple of Ogres joined the party. Eventually I cleared all your players from around the ball and then picked up and scored with the Ag 3 Ogre. It could have been 3-0 in the end if the Ag 3 Ogre had not bone headed before going for the endzone in turn 16!

The two blitzes certainly helped me, but I did feel that you wasted a couple of rerolls on non vital 3d blocks on my snots, when you could have saved them for something more important.

Fallowheart

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Fallowheart
Country Flag
Yeah, the Ag 3 Ogre was indeed the star. Hopefully he can get a Double or two later in his career in order to make the most of his agility. It really gives the Ogre team a nice boost to have the option of giving the ball reliably to one of their big guys!

My second TD was after you failed to pick up the deep kick and my snots then kept your skinks busy until a couple of Ogres joined the party. Eventually I cleared all your players from around the ball and then picked up and scored with the Ag 3 Ogre. It could have been 3-0 in the end if the Ag 3 Ogre had not bone headed before going for the endzone in turn 16!

The two blitzes certainly helped me, but I did feel that you wasted a couple of rerolls on non vital 3d blocks on my snots, when you could have saved them for something more important.

That was my seething hatred for side-step talking there... :p

Consequently, anyone up for a game?

Fallowheart

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Fallowheart
Country Flag
was fun! No injuries on either side but a lot of blocking going on was pretty remarkable.

Might have to get a team blog together for these lizzies... experimental running game strat included :p

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Definitely interested to see how it turns out. Always nice to see someone taking a different route and long-term that ST4 ball carrier is going to be interesting.

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I played two games against Barn (my Necro vs his Dark Elves, my Humans vs his Nurgle) and after playing like, if you'll pardon the expression, absolute balls, I feel fairly luck to have come out with one draw and one loss. Well played Barn, you g̶i̶t̶ good friend.