Welcome to another installment of Elf Take! I’m your host Skip Tasteless and today we’re upping the tempo a little bit. Do you think you know chain pushing? Now is your chance to prove it.
Orc vs. High Elf Scrimmage
This is a rendition of a game played on FUMBBL. Mardaed was coaching a high elf team and was in awe of the orc offensive tactics. The orc coach was able to slice through the standard 2 by 2 defense with precision blocks and excellent positioning. After a few turns, the orcs had the elves entrapped. Inspired by this, Mardaed called his practice squads to recreate the scenario.
The orcs were keeping the high elves on their heels. Their relentless assault kept forcing the high elves to dodge out and regroup. Mardaed, however, suffered the bane of all elf coaches… Lineman #9, the first player to take an action, suffered a 1-1 dodge and fell crumpled to the ground ending the turn! Now you are the orc coach. You don’t particularly like this Mardaed coach, and your mouth is salivating for the carnage that will ensue. You are eyeing the crowd push opportunity with High Elf Blitzer #5, but you are feeling like making a statement to this coach. You are going to push 2 players off the pitch!
Push 2 players off the pitch.
- You must do it in 1 turn.
- Assume that all 2d (your favor) blocks will result in pushes. All 1d blocks and 2d blocks in opponent’s favor will result as skulls.
- Assume Really Stupid (2+) succeeds, (4+) fails.
- Assume all other 1d6 action rolls fail.
- Don’t sacrifice ball security! You cannot have an easy blitz to your ball carrier by the High Elf team at the end of your turn. If any blitz is possible, a high elf player who chooses to blitz your ball carrier must require at the least multiple 3+ dodges to reach the ball carrier, preferably a 2d block your favor.
- For simplicity, assume all high elves are rookies. All orcs and troll have block.
High Elf Practice Squad
# Position MV STR AGI AV Skills
1 Thrower 6 3 4 8 Pass, Safe Throw
2 Catcher 8 3 4 7 Catch
3 Catcher 8 3 4 7 Catch
4 Catcher 8 3 4 7 Catch
5 Blitzer 7 3 4 8 Block
6 Blitzer 7 3 4 8 Block
7 Thrower 6 3 4 8 Pass, Safe Throw
8 Lineman 6 3 4 8 9 Lineman 6 3 4 8 10 Lineman 6 3 4 8 11 Lineman 6 3 4 8
Orc Practice Squad
|5||Thrower||5||3||3||8||Block, Pass, Sure Hands|
|9||Troll||4||5||1||9||Block, Loner, Always Hungry, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Regeneration, Throw Teammate|
To avoid dodges, the solution requires 6 blocks.
- Position Blitzer 12 so he is adjacent to Blitzer 11, Blitzer 4, and Black Orc 10
- Throw a block with Lineman 7 at High Elf Blitzer 6 and chain push the prone High Elf towards Black Orc 10 pushing him so he marks High Elf Catcher 4
- Block High Elf Catcher 4 and push him towards the sideline so he is diagonal to High Elf Blitzer 5. DO NOT FOLLOW UP.
- Block High Elf Blitzer 5 with Blitzer 11 and push towards the sideline. Follow up.
- Move Thrower 5 and mark High Elf Blitzer 5
- Block High Elf Blitzer 5 with Blitzer 13 to push him off the pitch!
- Block High Elf Blitzer 6 with the Troll and push him so that Blitzer 4 is no longer marked.
- Take a Blitz action with Blitzer 4 and push High Elf Catcher 4 off the pitch!
- For ball security make sure your flank is not vulnerable to attack. Position Black Orc 2 and Block Orc 3 so the high elves can’t make any easy dodges to blitz your ball carrier. Throw a 2D block with Black Orc 1. (You have to mark High Elf Lineman 8 or High Elf Lineman 10 with the two Black Orcs you were moving.
Extra solution found by brother: If you move up with Black Orc 10 then make sure to follow up with Blitzer 13! Then when you blitz with Blitzer 4, make sure to attack diagonally so that he gets pushed out by Blitzer 13 position.